Please visit our Citizens Police Academy Website to learn more about the program and admission criteria before completing this application.
Volunteers interested in the Citizens Police Academy should complete the application and specify an email address that we can contact you at.
Requirements to apply:
- Be a current resident of Sugar Land, the extra territorial jurisdiction, or have an employment address within the incorporated city limits of Sugar Land.
- Submit a completed application
- Provide a copy of their drivers license
- Provide a copy of valid automonile liability insurance (upon admission to class)
- Have no criminal history containing a class B misdemeanor or above in the previous 5 years from the date of application
- Have no felony convictions regardless of the time period
-Live or work in Sugar Land city limits, Greatwood or New Territory
-Be at least 18 years of age
-Willing to submit a background check
-No Class B Offenses in the last five years
-Willing to commit to attendance of all sessions
Once we have reviewed all of the applications we will contact you regarding admission. Please note that this year's class will begin on February 7th, 2019, and takes place on Thursday evenings with two Saturday classes. The final schedule will be sent upon acceptance.
If you have any questions you may always contact us via phone or email.or visit our website at www.sugarlandtx.gov/cpa
Citizens Police Academy Website281-275-2956