If you are an existing volunteer ONLY, please login to your volunteer account to apply. If you do not login to apply, you will recieve an error message after you click submit.
Please read and sign the Parent and Student agreement form linked to the bottom of the application before hitting submit on the application form below.
The Mayor's Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) aims to empower youth from various backgrounds to become active members in their community by providing an overview of the complexity and variety of opportunities to have an everlasting effect on the future of their city through local government public service
To be eligible to apply for MYAC, students must be Sugar Land residents, a High School Junior for the 2018-2019 school year, and return the application by the deadline of October 1st, 2018 at 5:00. Incomplete applications, and applications turned in after 5:00PM on October 1st, will not be considered.
A complete application consists of:
- The submission of the online form below
- The submisstion of the Parent/Student Agreement form, linked above
- One letter of reference from a teacher, administrator, troop leader, religious leader, supervisor, etc.
- Please note that the letter of reference and the agreement form must be turned in together. Reference letters and/or agreement forms turned in separately will not be accepted.
- Please note that instructions on how to return the agreement form and letter of reference can be found on page 6 of the agreement form.
Students will need to be prepared to complete the application form below in one sitting, you may not reaccess your application form it has been submitted.
You will need to provide the following-
-List of your activites and the organizations you belong to
-a brief statement about yourself
-a description of your leisure time activites
-an explanation of why you want to participate
-a brief essay answering the question "What should Sugar Land look like in 20 years? What amenities and quality of life features would you like to see increased? What aspects of Sugar Land would you hope are changed?" in 500 words or less
If you have any questions you may always contact us via phone or email.
Office of Community Engagement