Applications close at 5PM on October 25th.Please note that individuals (18+) who are new to Serve Sugar Land are required to complete a background check to be considered for volunteer roles/positions within the City.You will be automatically redirected to our background check website, Sterling Volunteers, after you hit submit on this application.
The City is forming a Citizen Task Force for the development of the Mobility Master Plan. The Citizen Task Force will be comprised of at least 18 members representing diverse mobility interests such as drivers, cyclists, walkers, transit users, seniors, parents of school children, people with disabilities, major employers, and local businesses.
The responsibilities of the Citizen Task Force include:
- Participating in community dialogue and education process regarding general transportation and mobility issues
- Reviewing the City's current mobility plans including the Comprehensive Mobility Plan, Pedestrian & Bicycle Master Plan, and the Master Thoroughfare Plan
- Reviewing the City's policy questions to be addressed through the development of the Plan, and to provide input on policy changes as well as new policies
- Making a recommendation of the Plan to City Council for consideration
- Serving as advocates for the development of the Plan within the community while the project is on-going
The Citizen Task Force commitment is anticipated to begin in March 2020. The Task Force will meet monthly throughout the duration of the project, which is expected to take approximately three years to complete. Meeting dates and times will be determined by the task force once they are appointed.
To apply for the task force, please fill out the application below and press submit.